Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tech Tuesday #3: The Art of the Linky

I am not new to blogging. In my other life as a high school English teacher, I've been blogging on teaching and technology issues for the past few years. But I had never heard of a linky party until my maternity leave began and I found myself reading and then writing a mom/craft blog. Turns out the linky party is nearly ubiquitous on the mommy craft blogs. So for those uninitiated, I thought I would devote this Tech Tuesday post to linky parties.

What Is A Linky Party?
A linky party is a blog tool that allows a blogger to host a list of links. The host blogger declares the theme of the linky - anything from tutorials on crafting for Christmas to a list of blogs written by work-at-home moms of seven children - and readers can submit their blog link for others to see and connect to. Simply put, a linky party is a collection of links to blogs that share a similar interest. And there are a number of online sites that make it easy to host such linky parties (see below).

But be careful before you begin posting. Make sure that you read the host bloggers criteria for adding your link. Some hosts do not want people to cross-post their tutorials or posts on other linky parties. It can get a bit territorial, so make sure that you read the host's rules before posting.

Directory of Crafting Link Parties:
Paisley Passions has a great directory of weekly linky parties.

MONDAYS

TUESDAYS

WEDNESDAYS

THURSDAYS

FRIDAYS

Create Your Own Link Party
  • Linky Tools makes it easy to set-up a link party on your blog - www.mcklinky.com
  • InLinkz is another easy to use site that enables users to easily set up blog hops - www.inlinkz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...