Friday, April 29, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday: Pretty Petals

We've unpacked our short sleeve shirts and shorts. I even had an opportunity to dig the kiddie pool out of our shed, hose it off, and fill it for my two year old to splash around in this week. Now granted, he didn't swim but merely waded around in the cold water. Still, it was great to see spring out in full force this week with just a peak at the summer months ahead.

To celebrate the warmer weather and the passing of April's showers, today I have a collection inspired by May's soon-to-be blooming flowers. Today's Fab Finds Friday features all sorts of tutorials and posts about flowers. And, if you know of a great post, scroll down to the end of this post and link it up!

  • This is just too cute - a flower headband made from a zipper! I don't know about you, but I have a drawer full of zippers. For a while, I'd buy them each time they were on sale, imagining the projects I'd use them on - dresses, handbags, jackets. Of course, I didn't have the pattern or the fabric, but I'd grab a zipper. And so I ended up with a drawer full that didn't quite match whatever project I was actually sewing. Now I have a reason to bring them out of hiding! What a creative use for a zipper. And Kolleen's tutorial is easy to follow over at Design by Night. I urge you to pop over and take a quick peak.

  • Local Fun For Kids had a great post this past week on recycled flower crafts. She posted this great tutorial from Crissy's Crafts for making flowers out of water bottles. I can't think of a cuter way to recycle!

  • And speaking of recycling, Measured By the Heart has a cute tutorial for recycling your old t-shirts into braided headbands decorated with a twisted rose. So much cuter than using old t-shirts as rags!

  • I keep mentioning Modern Parents Messy Kids during my Fab Finds Friday posts, but Steph just keeps writing up great posts like this one on DIY Flower Vases for Mother's Day. I especially like this wrapped yarn vase. It would be pretty to do something like this around a terra cotta pot or planter and give a planted flower or herb pot as a Mother's Day gift.

  • And here's another crafty home decor idea from Beverly over at of Flamingo Toes. This set of framed flower vases would be great decoration on an outdoor patio. And since I have my first craft fair coming up this weekend, I think this would make a lovely display for some of my wares. Quick! Get me some chicken wire!

  • I found Pink Paper Peppermints by clicking on a link in Quentin's tutorial over at Q-Made for making a springtime wreath, which I found through a Craft Gossip post on 6 Springtime Wreaths. See. Random clicking is not a waste of time! But back to Pink Paper Peppermints. This series is a few years old, but it is such a great collection of flower tutorials that I just had to share. Her series of posts - 31 Flowers in 31 Days - is a fabulous collection of tutorials that you can use to spruce of everything from pillows to skirts to tablecloths and more. I'm still clicking around and bookmarking her tutorials. Have fun clicking around!


In addition to sharing my finds, I want to encourage readers to share their finds, posts, and tutorials. Use the Fabulous Finds Friday linky below to share blog posts on our weekly theme - FLOWER-INSPIRED CRAFTS. You can share your own blog or a post from someone else's blog that fits our theme this week.

And if I've featured you in a Fabulous Finds Friday, please grab a button for your website or blog from the menu on the right side of my blog.

So link up, friends!

post signature





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting my post about recycled flower crafts for kids. I wish I had something else to link up, but I haven't personally done any flower related crafts yet. Now you've got me thinking I should! ; ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5 year old, Will, keeps quite the collection of empty water bottles in the back of the car next to his car seat. Perhaps we will try to re-purpose them and turn them into flowers.
    We also cut the bottoms off and then staple gun them to a piece of plywood to create a marble run. I should blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela - make sure you take pics! I would love to see the marble run! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...