Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday: Springtime Crafts


Whew! What a busy past few weeks! Having skipped last week's Fab Finds Friday due to a crazy spring schedule, this week's post is jammed packed with fun springtime and Easter crafts. And it looks like the crafting and mommy blog-o-spheres have been just as busy because they are just so many posts, tutorials, and activities to select from. So in the event that I missed a wonderful post, which I know I have, scroll down to the end of this post and link them up!


  • Steph over at Modern Parents Messy Kids has a great tutorial for creating Easter egg garland out of paint chip samples. And, since I'm currently contemplating color choices for my dining room, this gives me inspiration for what to do with all the runner-up color choices. And trust me, I have enough to make garland to wrap my whole house!

  • Dana over at Made has a fabulous collection of spring and Easter crafts, including this too cute peep bunny bunting. In addition, you'll find links to tutorials for creating beautiful butterflies from felt, a wee bunny pattern, and some fab flower ideas.

  • Another of my favorite blogs, I am Momma - Hear Me Roar!, has a number of very cute tutorials for spring. I especially like this one, a useful and cute centerpiece idea for your Easter dinner table. And in case you haven't caught it, I have to mention her Wake Up, Wednesday series, a wonderful invitation to do good in the middle of your week.

  • Okay, this is perfect timing for Easter. This post, also by Modern Parents Messy Kids, features a great collection of kits for kids. As I was reading through this post, my two year old peaked over my shoulder. Gabbing toward my laptop screen, he repeatedly declared, "need that! need that!" And I can see why! These are great!

  • Readers know that I love AlphaMom. It's one of those blogs that I read every post, every word. And here's great post on spring celebrations. Make sure you check out the link for dying eggs using silk ties. What a cool idea!

  • These little birdies are just too cute! I stumbled upon this tutorial via Craft Gossip (man, I could get lost on that site!). First a warning, if you haven't checked out Craft Gossip...don't. You will get sucked in, bookmarking page upon page upon page, so many projects and not enough time. But this tutorial from Salty Pineapple is a perfect (and easy) springtime craft.

  • Ohdeedoh (another fabulous resource to get lost in) has a great post on natural Easter egg dyes. This is a link that I will definitely be using in the next few weeks. And Ohdeedoh introduced me to yet another great site, Curbly. Check out this link for natural egg dyes.



In addition to sharing my finds, I want to encourage readers to share their finds, posts, and tutorials. Use the Fabulous Finds Friday linky below to share blog posts on our weekly theme - springtime crafts. You can share your own blog or a post from someone else's blog that fits our theme this week.

And if I've featured you in a Fabulous Finds Friday, please grab a button for your website or blog from the menu on the right side of my blog.

So link up, friends!

post signature




1 comment:

  1. Great links! I like the paint chip garland project. I was just looking at my big pile of paint chips from our last big paint decision...now I know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...