Friday, March 11, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday: Let's Hear It for the Boys!

Out of town at the end of last week, I didn't get a chance to post my Fabulous Finds Friday post, which means this week is double the links, double the fun. I didn't mean for that to sound like a Wrigley's gum commercial, but there you have it.

Over the past two weeks, I've found some really wonderful tutorials and idea inspiring posts. If you found something this past week that you'd like to share, use the comments box below.

  • This is a great way to personalize your ceramics. There are a number of enamel pens on the market like the porcelaine pens that Gina uses in this tutorial over at doe-c-doe. I use a similar style pen for the coffee-inspired baby gift sets in my Etsy shop, but I never thought to create a stencil. I know that I'll be testing out this tutorial very soon. In fact, this would be a cute idea for stenciling your child's profile or hand print to a keepsake plate.

  • I just found Cheri's site I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar (love that name!) recently. I want to be Cheri. I love her writing style. I love the content of her blog. I love her tutorials. I only wish I had the time to complete each one. I am in awe. Needless to say, you have to surf her site. It is chuck full of great ideas, including this one for a "Momma's gonna snap!" t-shirt. I like the idea of using freezer paper to stencil something similar. And, if you are feeling inspired, Cheri is running a boy's shirt contest. What? It is exactly as it sounds. Create a top for boys - sew it, embellish it, stencil it, whatever you dream up - and enter it in her contest. I have two ideas already mind. One involves dinosaurs, the other cylops. So stay tuned for my entry and the tutorial to go along with it.

  • I've mentioned Heidi's blog Sew.Craft.Create before. She's got such great tutorials and free printables. This week is no different. You have to see her pattern and tutorial for creating a quiet book. These are perfect for car rides, restaurants, moments when you need your little one to play quietly. I can easily see adapting some of these patterns to create out of felt and cloth rather than using cardstock like she has done.

  • Christie over at A Lemon Squeezy Home had one of her great tutorials cross-posted on Dana Willard's MADE blog (I love MADE!). I love this idea so much, I think I need to make one for myself. It would be perfect for running. Of course that means I would need to start running.

  • Another cool idea cross-posted to Dana's Celebrate the Boy blog series is this tutorial for creating superhero capes and cuffs out of dad's old t-shirts. It's upcycling to the rescue!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...