Monday, March 21, 2011

Joy of Luck: Day 1

Willette Designs is offering another online photography course through email. Okay, she's been offering it for almost a week now, but I'm just now finding time to reflect on the assignments and the photos I've been clicking.

Our assignment is to focus on a gift we take for granted. What inanimate object or concept do we take for granted on a daily basis? What would someone who is not as fortunate say about my good fortune to have such a thing in my life? We are to focus on our blessings, focus on the opportunities I have everyday that are an unforeseen blessing in my life.

I know exactly what I want to photograph as soon as I finish reading this assignment in my email inbox. I know just how incredibly fortunate I am to be able to take a year away from my teaching position in order to stay at home with my two boys. So many people do not have the means or the opportunity to do what I can this year. And even greater than that, I am so fortunate to have a supportive husband that gives me time and means to immerse myself in my passions outside of teaching - namely, crafting.

My glue gun, sewing machine, crafts paints and papers have been collecting dust in the back of a closet for years. That is until this year. Taking time away from teaching high school English has opened up a world of crafting for me. I started my own baby gifts business, started a new blog, and have been creating up a storm. I am so incredibly lucky to have time to be passionate, to be creative, to sew, to craft, to create.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...