Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Staying Home

My Mid-Life Motherhood has a great idea - Top Ten Tuesdays. Today she's posted a list of the top ten things she loves about Tuesdays. Each week she hopes to post a top ten list and connect with other bloggers doing the same. Inspired, I thought I would come up with my own top ten. And, since I realize that my maternity leave and year away from teaching is already well over half over, I want to focus on what I love about being home with my two boys this year. So, here it is.

TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE BEING A STAY-AT-HOME MOM
  1. I am witness to all the firsts - first smile, first giggle, first roll-over from my littlest and first complete sentence, first run, first time up the stairs without getting on his knees from my two year old.
  2. Being home means I get to focus on hobbies long since packed away. I've spent time sewing and crafting, snapping pictures and blogging, taking classes and writing - things that I just don't seem to find time for while teaching.
  3. I get to play in the sandbox.
  4. Time spent with my children is relaxing. I am the least stressed I have ever been in my life.
  5. My children are getting to know me.
  6. I am getting to know my children.
  7. I've connected with a whole new group of friends, also stay-at-home moms. Their friendship and support has been invaluable.
  8. Being at home with my children has allowed me to take advantage of all the great opportunities in my area. I'm a member of the largest conservatory in the United States (and there so often that I didn't have to show my i.d. the last time!), a member of our local arboretum, and a member of the coolest dinosaur hall in our area (Philly's Academy of Natural Sciences is awesome!). My kids and I go to art classes and concerts, art shows and story times. I know my area better since becoming a stay-at-home mom.
  9. I get to spend a lot of time outdoors.
  10. Being at home means I get to share what I love with my kids - crafting, cooking, reading. And they get to share what they love with me - dinosaurs, music, and animals.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! A good reminder of why we are home and the things we get to experience:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise -

    I didn't know that I would love it as much as I do. I'm so glad to have this opportunity to spend with my kids. Thanks for the inspiration with your Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post!! :) Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fellow Esty mom :) I followed your blog link from a comment you left on mine, and I'm glad I did! I love this list, it's very inspiring to make my own as well. Those are such sweet memories you're making with your kids. Thanks for following my blog, I'm also now following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1, 5, 6, 7...best reasons for staying home by far. I love this post. It makes me even more happy about my decision to be home with my girls.

    Found you at Hop a little Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...