Monday, May 30, 2011

Get to Know: Ideation Station

I feel a kindred spirit with Lisa of Ideation Station. Opening an online business was not something she set out to do when she went to college. Instead, her background is in marine science and management, but she's enjoying the opportunity to take some time and engage in her creative side through her Etsy shop. "Let's see if those career tests are on to something when they say I should be a craft artist."

Why such a leap from marine science to baby clothing and accessories? "I am drawn to fabrics for their color, texture, and design. Finding the right combination is like putting a puzzle together (and I do love to win at puzzles). My products reflect my appreciation and awe of the natural world, commitment to detail, aesthetic consideration, and a touch of cute." And it's her appreciation of the natural world that comes through her designs. Her adorable animal appliqués are just too cute to pass up. "Ideation Station inspires me to think creatively everyday and follow through on my ideas no matter how big or small."

And she uses her shop to help those in need. "I currently have select items for sale in which I donate 50% of the profits from the sales to UNICEF to help children affected by the disasters in Japan. In my personal life I donate to WWF, Ocean Conservancy, and other nature and wildlife organizations. I have plans to extend this to my shop as well."

You can get to know Lisa at Ideation Station a bit more, too. Find her on...


You can win her Japanese Oragami Crane Onesie by entering the Great Gift, Good Cause Giveaway!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...