Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 13: Routines

Day 13 of Willette Design's Joy of Love series has me photographing the routines. I loved capturing this moment. My two year old is proudest when he has learned to do something for himself. In this case, Daddy stands behind him, supervising as my little man begins his nightly teeth brushin' routine. Back and forth, back and forth, and then he sneakily tries to suck all the toddler toothpaste and water from the bristles, casting a sly smile to Mommy behind the camera.

These are the pictures I like to take, the one's that capture the every day. These are the moments that we don't tell stories of or even necessarily recall years from now. But these every day moments are what build a life.

I took this pic a few days ago. It is not the clearest photo I've ever taken, but I love this photo despite the problems with it. I love this moment. Daddy's hands, so big, as he trims his little one's nails. I know he won't stay small for long...or stay this still, so I'm happy to have captured this moment, this routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...