Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gifts That Give

I had so much fun yesterday. While my little one napped, my two year old and I sat at the dining room table for our "art class." This is what my little man calls our arts and crafts time together. While he dabbled in finger paints, I played with enamel paint.

I put together these two coffee-inspired new baby gifts yesterday. One is decorated with humorous mommy quotes, my favorite being "A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother." The other features one of my favorite quotes by Emerson, "We find a delight in the beauty and happiness of children, that makes the heart too big for the body." Inside the mug is swirled a complete newborn outfit in shades of mocha and latte.

And the best part? Half the profits from the sale of each of these items will go to Kiva. What's Kiva? Kiva empowers individuals to lend to an entrepreneur across the globe in hopes of eliminating poverty. Currently, Babee Crafts is lending to a small group of women in Paraguay who have established a cooperative to sew clothing they can then sell. Half the profits from these two gift sets will support the Mburukuja Group.

Interested in seeing what other Etsy sellers support Kiva? Search "kivateam" or find sellers at http://www.etsy.com/teams/7727/kiva-team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...