- Stitch Simple has a fabulous collection of pre-washed, pre-cut fabrics which are great for quilting. But what I really love Stitch Simple for is their pre-washed organic knits. Their fat quarters are perfect for making bibs and baby accessories. And you need to check out their Great Knit Experiment. Stitch Simple worked with six crafty bloggers, giving them their choice of organic cotton knit fabrics to play with. The catch? They had to share their experiences sewing with the fabrics and post FREE tutorials for what they made. Find them all connected to the Stitch Simple website. And, if you sign up for their newsletter, they'll let you in on a little secret - Fat Tuesdays. Buy a fat quarter and get a fat quarter free using the coupon code from your newsletter. A great deal!
- You also get great deals and are entered into weekly giveaways when you sign up for Shipwreck Beads' newsletter. Their site has a gigantic collection of almost every type of stone, gem, and bead imaginable - everything you need for creating your own jewelry. They ship quickly and usually have a deal on their shipping for newsletter subscribers. I couldn't make my nursing bracelets without them!
- Turns out, I'm a newsletter junkie 'cause MyGrafico is another one that is good to sign up for. If you use digital images for scrapbooking, cards, or crafting, you need to check out MyGrafico. They are a super connected group of designers with a Facebook page, Ning, blog, and various websites for their designs, challenges, and promotions. The designs are cute and affordable, and you get a free download as a newsletter subscriber. I recently submitted my Dino-Mite birthday set to one of their challenges and won second prize in their random drawing. How cool!
- Each week my RSS reader is filled with hundreds upon hundreds of great tutorials and post that I don't always get a chance to read them all, but I always find myself reading AlphaMom's posts. The site is filled with everything from tutorials and craft ideas to parenting advice (seriously, Advice Smackdown is the best parenting advice column!). And all the posts are well written, humorous, and down to earth. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and wit of each post.
- Craft Gossip is why my reader is so full. Seriously, this is one overwhelming site! It is PACKED with great tutorials and finds. Although I don't get a chance to read through all the finds, this site is great for finding inspiration and ideas. And if you like giveaways, check out their giveaway page.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Fabulous Finds Friday: I Couldn't Do It Without You
This Friday I thought I would share some of the wonderful online stores and sites that help me be a crafty and creative mommy. Okay, so these are the stores I love to buy from but sometimes don't find the time to use all the very cool things I find. Doesn't stop me from visiting them online regularly!