Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Joy of Love: Day 1

One of my new year's resolutions was to push outside my comfort zone in order to try my hand at those things that I've always had an interest in but never really pursued. I too easily give in to tired excuses for why I don't sign up for new classes or join this or that group. But taking some time off from teaching this year to be home with my two little ones has open so many doors.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I generally have a camera in hand, but I've never taken any photography classes. Generally, my motto has been - take a million pics and at least one will turn out. But I've always wanted to know how to control for exposure and light and why my photos always turn out so grainy. So, I signed up for Willette Design's Joy of Love free online class.

Each morning during this month of love, participants receive a daily email prompts/photo assignments with some photography tutorials built into the daily email lesson. We'll use the daily lesson to click a pic in response to the assignment's theme. Then, we post our photos to the Joy of Love Flickr group.

Today's assignment, use indoor light to capture someone you love, doing something they love. And so here they are, my little ones, doing what they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...